Pandemonium

12:00 AM

WARNING:
If you have not read or have yet to read "Pandemonium" (or the first book, Delirium), you might want to skip this post. It is full of spoilers and just me ranting about the amazing/crazy/insane Lauren Oliver and her book.





Pandemonium Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, March 11th, 1:05am
So I'm supposed to be asleep right now. But I feel as though I need to write my feelings about "Pandemonium" before I forget them in sleepy land.

Let me be honest. I took me 2 days before I could really get into reading this book. I think it was the fact that Lauren Oliver teases me by never giving me a straight anwser whether or not Alex was alive or dead.

Let it be made clear, I am all for Alex, If I had to chose between Peeta or Alex, it would be a tie, that is how much I like the character.



Anyway, I kept reading Lena's attempt at getting used to being in the "wild".


By the middle of the book I was slowly falling for the new love interest, Julian, I mean, Lauren Oliver did a great job creating a new love interest that was almost as good as the one in "Delirium". I'm still on "team Alex" but seeing that I STILL did not know whether he was alive or not, I came to the realization that i should just start liking Julian.

By the end of the book, I was so pulled in to the story and character that I stayed up till 1am to finish the book. And everything was hunky dory till that LAST PAGE.

  SPOILER ALERT

I mean, COME ON. Here I was, saying "Ok, I like Julian, I can deal with him and the fact that Alex is dead"
THEN!
DUH DUH DUNNNNN
Lauren Oliver brings Alex BACK TO LIFE.
I literally had a heart attach.. Ask my dog. He watched me all of a sudden go from a calm state to total freakout.

Now don't get me wrong. I LOVED LOVED this book. It took me a while to get into but I was eventually hooked. I CANNOT wait for the 3rd book. I just can't believe we have to wait till 2013. Crazyness.

Favorite quote from the book -
“I wonder if this is how people always get close: they heal each other's wounds; they repair the broken skin.”

0 comments

Aww! How sweet of you to leave a comment! I love reading them and replying to them. If you need a quick response - please see my contact page for my email!